The firm has deep and broad experience in the acquisition and disposition of different types of real estate assets such as large tracts of unentitled raw land or fully entitled finished lots, apartments, high rise office towers, large industrial buildings, troubled projects and debt secured by such assets. For clients purchasing property, we assist with our clients' due diligence investigations and provide comprehensive review of title, leases, and contractual obligations. We are often involved in drafting letters of intent at the front end of deals, and sometimes structure transactions with less typical deal components such as profit participation agreements, different types of land use restrictions, rights of first refusal and repurchase options.
Representative Transactions include:
- Assisting a public homebuilder in purchasing, in multiple transactions, an assemblage of parcels comprising hundreds of acres in Southern California and involving complex title, entitlement, development, construction and water issues.
- Representing a group of foreign investors in purchasing, and later selling, one of the landmark office projects in Orange County.
- Assisting a national insurance company in selling hundreds of acres of land to a regional homebuilder.
- Representing a national developer in selling a partially constructed luxury condominium project to a private multi-family developer.
- Counseling a public developer client in connection with the successful acquisition at foreclosure sale of a distressed and partly constructed master planned community in Southern California. We provided guidance in resolving complex pre-acquisition due diligence issues (including significant title issues), counseled about foreclosure bidding strategy and assisted with the post-foreclosure transition of entitlements and project agreements.
- Representing public homebuilders in buying and selling, in numerous transactions over the years, from Northern to Southern California, thousands of acres of undeveloped land, blue top and finished lots.