Our attorneys have represented developers as well as regional and national lending institutions in a wide variety of real estate secured loan transactions including standard and revolving loans for the acquisition, development and construction of regional shopping centers and residential housing projects. We have negotiated and documented real estate syndication/participation loans, REMIC conduit loan packages, and mezzanine financing. Our practice also includes representing both borrowers and lenders in loan restructuring and workout transactions for troubled real estate assets including preparing and negotiating forbearance agreements and managing foreclosure proceedings.
Representative Transactions include:
- Representing public developers in negotiating and documenting revolving joint venture line of credit facilities with institutional lenders.
- Assisting a regional lender in negotiating and documenting a real estate secured revolving line of credit construction loan for a developer's acquisition, development and construction of a residential community.
- Representing a master planned community owner in negotiating, and then repeatedly re-structuring, a large revolving line of credit with a national bank to finance the decade long development and sale of the community.
- Counseling the lead lender in a multi-lender syndicated construction loan for a residential construction project.
- Representing a national lender in restructuring a troubled construction loan with the borrower and mezzanine lender including preparing and negotiating forbearance agreements and overseeing foreclosure proceedings, mechanics lien litigation and bankruptcy issues.