We assist our real estate clients in a wide range of transactional land use matters involving state, county, city and local agencies. We have negotiated and drafted numerous agreements necessary to satisfy development conditions and objectives such as offers of dedication, easements, licenses, and library agreements.
Representative Transactions include:
- Negotiating with local and regional water districts in connection with granting to them complex easements over miles of right of way for one of the primary water pipeline facilities serving Southern California.
- Representing a nationally known private developer in negotiating complex offers of dedication of major public roadway infrastructure for ultimate conveyance to a county.
- Assisting a master planned community developer in connection with its conveyance to a public agency of a system of regional riding and hiking trails.
- Representing a private developer in negotiating an offer of dedication to a public agency of beach property fronting a unique, high end residential community located on the ocean.
- Negotiating complicated easements with public and private telecommunications companies for their use of a multi-acre regional communications center with structures for communications equipment, multiple microwave towers and many dozens of different users.
- Representing a regional developer in multi-year negotiations with public agency owners of a large Southern California lake in connection with myriad pre-development issues and corresponding agreements to facilitate future development of hundreds of acres of land surrounding the lake including resolving a CEQA lawsuit, establishing a private consultation process preliminary to any future litigation regarding future development, dredging the lake and the future acquisition and development of reclaimed land, ownership and management of lake recreation rights, transportation issues, and long term lake level stabilization management and responsibility.